Sunday, April 27, 2008

Current Affairs (II)

Hi! It's me again!

Oil Prices
With oil prices set to hit US$120 per barrel, it really makes me wonder; what the hell is everybody doing about it. Yes, I know I'm an irresponsible git, but all those environmentalists who are printing banners to protest... Banners are made partially of plastic, which is made of? OIL! What's with all the people out there talking about oil, we need to reflect on what we're doing to respond to this imminent crisis.

Another thing I want to talk about it Opec. According to them, they're gonna cut arms supplies to Saudi Arabia if they don't up their production. This does NOT make sense. SA is a big nation, and they need oil to sustain themselves; what right do you have to hold threats over them? Arms can be obtained from other countries; they have plenty. However, Oil cannot; besides Brunei, SA holds the most amounts of petroleum, be it raw or distilled, and if they cut supplies to the world, we're going to face a big crisis. So, Opec had better reflect on their words an actions before threatening other nations.

That's all I have to say for now. Will get back later.

Posted by Denunciator at 12:23 PM