Tuesday, August 26, 2008
Assembly.
Long rant.
I think the DPS is RETARDED. Yes. RETARDED.
As Edward said, the system is imbalanced. Does it mean that repeatedly committing a minor offense 4 times is better than committing a major offense 1 time? Why does the system work this way? The school does not give people a second chance. Hon used nice overtones like "turn over a new leaf", "CWO", "point resetting" and so on - do the law imposers REALLY give chances?
Quis custodiet, ipsos custodes?Who will guard the guards? Who will make sure that the discipline committee is doing their job PROPERLY? J. Lim was a really good discipline master - in the days following my "arrest", he explained the situation to me, convincing me to tell him all he knew, including the loopholes in the security. He then appealed against my suspension and expulsion successfully, which is why I'm even posting this now. Then comes the people who impose the system blindly. In SINGAPORE, our dear, dear country, criminals are given a second chance. Arsonists, money launderers, litterbugs, thefts... they are protected under the Yellow Ribbon Programme. Some of them are repeat offences.
It recently came to light that the extremely unbiased Discipline Committee, comprising of dear Mr. Sung, is suspecting me of hacking the "hci" account. Firstly, the password is really retarded. Don't ask me how I know, I was merely listening in class when YinXP announced it. Beyond that, though, the reason they suspect me is because I had "experience". No, Kai wasn't my only source. I had my own, seperate, source as well. So there's no reason to suspect Kai of trying to scam me. Therein lies the essential point. I'm trying to change, to use anything I know to HELP instead of harming, any entity. I've been keeping away from the fucking school computers so that I won't be tempted. I don't even have a fucking account, how do I even hack a stupid thing? From my freaking home? With my Pentium IV, 4 year old com?
I'm damned pissed right now. Really pissed. How can they suspect me for doing such a thing? I don't care if they expel me for using vulgarities, for flaming, for expressing my "stupid", "insensible" views. I don't give a freaking damn. I need, want and WILL prove my innocence. I've half a mind to change schools right now; there are plenty other schools I can enter; I could have gone to NUS, to RI, but I didn't. I didn't because I had Chinese heritage, because HCI was a good school, one of the best in Singapore. I'm severely disimpressed now. Is this the face it wants to show us? Doubting every student who has made a mistake?
Enough about ME. Let's talk about our Mr. Populars #1, #2, #3. I remember Hon saying something about "discipline teachers reviewing on a case by case basis before handing out demerit points." Let's use 2 hypothetical situations. Edward Low is late. Would a teacher listen to him? Most likely. 2nd situation: Bralee, Chun or Tim is late. Would a teacher listen to them? Most likely... NOT. Let's have a real-life example. Our dear chairman just got out of his car when one of our fabulous unbiased discipline masters carted him to a corner, booked him for an untucked shirt and took his Ez-link card. No demerits this time, but we all can see the potential of this system.
On another note: Strahan fired his chauffeur for the
nth time. Let's see how many days till he gets re-employed.
Fired: 26th August 2008, 1:25 PM.
Re-hired: ??
Posted by Denunciator at 6:57 PM