Sunday, August 10, 2008
Remember the Name?
Ten percent luck...Sure, got lucky. Some good fixes, some lucky stuff. Always works out.
...twenty percent skill...Not really. I wouldn't count kope-ing stuff from the Net and applying them "skill".
...fifteen percent concentrated power of will...Sure. Tolerating the screams at me by adults, trying not to fall asleep while doing work...
...five percent pleasure...When I get to do ANYTHING.
...fifty percent pain...Couldn't agree more.
...And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!Ahh. Here's the important point.
What name? Whose name? Who really matters to me?
Over the past three days, I've had plenty of time to think. A lull in mugging, doing work. Over the past three days, I've been considering stuff. Contemplating my life. I wonder, what the hell is really going on with me?
She's right.
I've changed. I wish I could be myself again - the way I was, back in P4. Interacting with everyone equally. Looking back, I feel stupid. Why did I hang around with them so much? What have they given me? Hardiness. The only thing they did. Which makes me glad I didn't choose any other school. Others would have been too nice to me. I'd suffer no setbacks, no troubles. I wouldn't be what I am.
I grew up pampered.
Yes, I did. I couldn't stand dirtiness in the least bit. I complained over every single thing.
After a while with those classmates of mine, back in primary school, you slowly learn that no amounts of complaints change anything. Dirt is to be expected. You slowly learn that not everything goes your way, that if you're low in class and status, you have to work hard. Thus, I tried my best in the only thing I used to excel in - Chinese. And yet the curriculum in secondary school is so different! Everything is so warped, different teachers, teaching styles; teachers who have no patience with students.
Which brings me back to my original point; whose name should I remember?
Throughout my school life, there aren't really many people who made a difference. But to those who did, I'll remember you guys. Your names.
More than that, I'll remember the service you have rendered me.
That, is the only thing that matters...
...now.
Posted by Denunciator at 9:32 PM