Thursday, September 11, 2008
Spammage ftw!

Here's how the letter goes.
Dear Xiuping,
Although I'm grateful that Claire has graciously and readily agreed to the exchange, I'm quite horrified by the state the classroom was in. It seemed like no one did duty for ages - there was a lunch pack with rotten chicken bones, stickers here and there on the ground, no broom, etc. The lights were spoilt, the CPU was gone, the doors cannot be locked, etc. My class did their duty before they handed it over to 2O, i sincerely hope that if there is change-back, you will do the reasonable thing in giving us back a clean classroom.
Please note that i've taken the brooms and pails from my former classroom because we want to maintain being the cleanest class in Apehlion. In addition, while we were mopping the class, we saw Paul replacing the CPU @ about 4 pm.
Regards,
Bee Yen
P.S. In order to clear up the incredible mess, my students skipped lunch and i had to help them apologised to MOE staff because they were 10 minutes late for the MOE survey.
This letter is intact, with all the spelling and grammatical mistakes.
Let's start from line 1. "Although I'm grateful that Claire has graciously and readily agreed to the exchange..." Note that they didn't talk about 2O in this line. Didn't we give up our classroom? Ms. Choh can make her decisions, but we have the right to argue back as well; we didn't move graciously and willingly, but we did so all the same - given that we have to climb so high every day, and all for 1 person who broke his leg, I think it should be granted that we should get credits. I remember the 1st day I met TK - his leg was in a cast, he had crutches, and yet he still made the 7 floors to the classroom. Then, he was still 10.
Next. "...I'm quite horrified by the state the classroom was in. It seemed like no one did duty for ages..." I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but our class HAS been doing duty. Ask Dr. Hon, ask Mr. Sung, ask Mr. J. Lim. And the people DID do duty before you entered. Let's now see the detailed description of the "rubbish".
"...lunch pack with rotten chicken bones, stickers here and there on the ground, no broom, etc. The lights were spoilt, the CPU was gone, the doors cannot be locked...."
Lunch pack with rotten chicken bones - where did you find the lunch pack? How did you know it wasn't YOUR class? Stickers here and there... those were from math, and I'm VERY VERY sure that there were none on the ground. The broom, another iSpark class borrowed - for God's sake, the Facilities Secretary BOUGHT IT with his OWN MONEY. -_- The CPU - you yourself said that the CPU had been taken by Mr Paul Goh for repairing - for your information, YOUR class computer isn't of a higher quality either. All the wires were plugged out, lying on the ground; some pins in the VGA cable were bent. And your visualizer has to be tied with a rubber band as well, so don't comment about OUR classroom. As for the lights, they have already been reported, and with the sunlight streaming in to the 1st floor classroom, I'm sure you'll be able to see fine. It's the leg's that's injured, not eyes. The doors - the Estate was the one who broke it, take the matter up with THEM.
"My class did their duty before they handed it over to 2O, i sincerely hope that if there is change-back, you will do the reasonable thing in giving us back a clean classroom."
Our class did OUR duty before we handed it to you. I hope that if there is a change-back, YOUR class will do the reasonable thing in giving US back a clean classroom. I expect the wall above the dustbin to be clean, if not as clean as before we left. We have photographic evidence.
"Please note that i've taken the brooms and pails from my former classroom because we want to maintain being the cleanest class in Aphelion."
I have NOTHING to say about this, because if 2C is the cleanest class in Aphelion... it reflects on your consortium. Here's a memorable quote from a forum admin that I know. "Do NOT flame other forumites, no matter where they're from. BasilMarket and Sleepywood are known for their infamy, but remember - whatever you say will be reflected on the others, and if you flame them, it reflects badly to me, to us, your home forum." This veiled sarcasm doesn't come off well on Aphelion's image. Plus, if 2C is the cleanest class in Aphelion, I wonder how the state of the other classes are.
"In addition, while we were mopping the class, we saw Paul replacing the CPU @ about 4 pm." HAHAHA! Then WHY on earth did you mention our computer being spoilt? Perhaps it is to be sarcastic about our classroom's state? In that case, it utterly fails, and comes off as a self-contradiction on your part. "P.S. In order to clear up the incredible mess, my students skipped lunch and i had to help them apologised to MOE staff because they were 10 minutes late for the MOE survey." Incredible mess, huh? Papers lying in the cabinet, strewed all over the ground; layers of dirt under the computer table, along with worksheets that might have been from January. YOU were late for the MOE survey; so were WE. Add that on to the fact that we had to wait for your lessons to finish before moving.
BTW, CC'ing the Aphelion Director and ADC, as well as iSpark's, doesn't show well. It's as if you want to show the whole world your "difficult" position. 家丑不可外扬, you're the one who said you want to keep it between 2O and 2C. To do this... totally undermines the situation.
That's all I can say for now, besides the fact that you should look in the mirror before commenting and mass cc'ing.
Posted by Denunciator at 9:21 PM